Location: Dubai, UAE
Title: Gaming & Esports Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
What We’re About:
We are a 70-person brand engagement marketing agency with offices in D.C. and Dubai, that creates memorable experiences for some great brands such as Amazon, AT&T, GEICO, and Chanel to name a few. RedPeg is looking for a Gaming & Esports Manager to establish and grow its Gaming & Esports related business in the Middle East through its new office located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. We are seeking an experienced professional that understands the gaming and esports industry, its future landscape, and can harness relevant gaming trends into successful marketing programs for large brands.
What This Job is About:
This position is responsible for business development of gaming and esports marketing programs for game publishers/developers and brands located in the ME region or seeking to market to the gaming audience within the region.
This position was created with the goals of 1) establishing an initial client base, 2) attracting and securing new clients on an on-going basis, and 3) serving as an agency strategic resource, consultant, and leader for agency efforts and growth with gaming in the Middle East region.
Working closely with internal client service, strategy, creative, finance, operations, and talent management teams, this position focuses on driving growth through the creation of high performing marketing programs for our clients and requires exceptional communication, collaboration, and teamwork; both on a regional and international basis.
New Business, Client Growth & Pitch Development/Delivery (70%- 80% of yearly commitment)
- Attract and establish the initial client base for RedPeg in the Middle East region
- Drive agency growth in the space by developing impactful marketing programs for new and existing clients
- Define the agency’s regional growth strategy/roadmap to garner new business, both with new clients as well as growth within current client base.
- Lead the business development effort with gaming clients by facilitating the sales process, qualifying opportunities, managing relevant communications, and proposal development.
- Submit deliverables on weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual basis; managing up to the Managing Director, Account Director of Client Service, Executive team, Agency CEO, and other stakeholders
- Ensure successful client onboarding and relationship management in collaboration with client service team
- Network, build, and manage client, vendor, and strategic relationships to curate longevity in the space
- Keep the agency informed of new trends in the space through relevant presentation and written communications
Project Management/Client Services liaison (20% – 30% of yearly commitment)
- Manage client service team members on Gaming & Esports related programs
- Support recruitment and manage development of Gaming & Esports personnel
- Manage campaign timeline, budget allocation and client expectations with direction and support from the Account Director of Client Services and relevant Client Service personnel
- Proactively supply existing clients with strategic insights and recommendations
- Act as a liaison between internal departments to align client expectations with RedPeg ME resources and ensure the client goals are effectively communicated and executed.
- Identify challenges and proactively outline potential solutions
- Create, manage, and keep the teams accountable for timelines and deliverables.
- Collect, organize and analyze campaign data to assist in developing campaign recaps and metrics to help clients understand the power of esports.
What You’re All About:
The ideal candidate will at least meet these criteria:
- Experience: 7-10 years of experiential marketing experience
- Marketing Agency, Brand, and/or Gaming & Esports Industry related management experience required
- Provide leadership against defined agency business goals
- Able to provide recommendations to internal and external stakeholders supported by qualitative, quantitative, and strategic rationale
- Proficient with managing business development pipelines and achieving sales targets
- Solution-orientated mindset with the ability to work constructively with others in time-sensitive circumstances
- Experience with forecasting and managing program and agency budgets
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Positively contributes to client, department, and overall agency team goals
- Support continuing industry education and training for department employees
- High level of detail-orientation, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing or related field
- Knowledge and experience with UAE, Middle East, and MENA region is preferred, but not required
Sunday to Thursday from 9:00 to 6:00 but you might be required to work a few extra hours and on holidays / weekends – depending on the business needs.
If you’re someone who loves building businesses, creating, has a thirst for innovation, and a keen eye for detail, this gig is for you. Show us what you’ve got—the ball is in your court now.
To apply for this position please send your updated résume to : firstname.lastname@example.org